There are newer employer reviews for Ixia

Focused, Fun & Fast!

I have been working at Ixia (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, industry leading/strong track record, focused on culture and developing our people, a global footprint, opportunities are boundless. Join us if you like collaborating with passion, focus and speed. We're proud of our company, our team and our purpose in the hi-tech space. We have a lot of fun while solving very challenging, bleeding-edge technical problems.

Cons

The pace is fast, but it's worth it if you like making a difference.

Stay focused. Keep growing. Keep focusing on making Ixia a great place to work, learn and grow.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Ixia (View Most Recent)

Market Leading Product Portfolio, Unexpectedly Low Employee Respect/Camaraderie

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Ixia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for a successful & rapidly growing company like Ixia is thrilling, especially when many of its products are cutting edge and first-to-market. Partnerships with the best companies in technology and industry standards organizations set Ixia apart from its competition. Opportunities to learn the latest technologies and stay ahead in one's career make Ixia a compelling place to work.

Cons

My negative experience with Ixia may have been a negative side effect of its rapid growth. In one case, I was treated harshly by a co-worker who worked many years for the Ixia. We worked together on the same account, yet, he treated me like his competition and tarnished my reputation with our customer by backbiting and using false accusations. Despite his relatively narrow technical expertise, and even worse communication skills, management looked the other way when I and his other peers voiced concerns. In another case, a project manager with very little people management experience (and an extreme lack of interpersonal skills) was promoted to be the director of the global professional services organization. In my opinion, his disagreeable personality sours the morale of the entire organization.

successful company with no consideration for employee well being

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Ixia full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

cutting edge technologies
    decent benefits
    nice facilities

Cons

very destructive work environment
    permanent state of emergency
    death march is the standard way of getting things done
    artificially created internal competition destroys the spirit
    guaranteed burnout after few years

Perhaps honesty is better long term strategy than trying to play people against each other. Competition should come from the outside, not inside.

There are newer employer reviews for Ixia