Ixia

There are newer employer reviews for Ixia

Market Leading Product Portfolio, Unexpectedly Low Employee Respect/Camaraderie

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Ixia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for a successful & rapidly growing company like Ixia is thrilling, especially when many of its products are cutting edge and first-to-market. Partnerships with the best companies in technology and industry standards organizations set Ixia apart from its competition. Opportunities to learn the latest technologies and stay ahead in one's career make Ixia a compelling place to work.

Cons

My negative experience with Ixia may have been a negative side effect of its rapid growth. In one case, I was treated harshly by a co-worker who worked many years for the Ixia. We worked together on the same account, yet, he treated me like his competition and tarnished my reputation with our customer by backbiting and using false accusations. Despite his relatively narrow technical expertise, and even worse communication skills, management looked the other way when I and his other peers voiced concerns. In another case, a project manager with very little people management experience (and an extreme lack of interpersonal skills) was promoted to be the director of the global professional services organization. In my opinion, his disagreeable personality sours the morale of the entire organization.

138 Other Employee Reviews for Ixia (View Most Recent)

successful company with no consideration for employee well being

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Ixia full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

cutting edge technologies
    decent benefits
    nice facilities

Cons

very destructive work environment
    permanent state of emergency
    death march is the standard way of getting things done
    artificially created internal competition destroys the spirit
    guaranteed burnout after few years

Perhaps honesty is better long term strategy than trying to play people against each other. Competition should come from the outside, not inside.

Data Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Ixia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Growth of company, future earnings.

Cons

Long drawn out process with little direction. Senior IT management will not admit they have no direction and don't know how to make decisions because they lack experience. IT management has very little power since the business people make IT decisions.Long drawn out process with little direction. Senior IT management will not admit they have no direction and don't know how to make decisions because they lack experience. IT management has very little power since the business people make IT decisions.

It you don't know what you're looking for and don't know the solution first it's impossible to interview people.

There are newer employer reviews for Ixia