There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Lots of opportunity for growth, but be careful what account you work for in the DCS division.

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Tracy, CA
Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Tracy, CA

Pros

I worked in the Dedicated Contracts Division which meant that we worked as contractors within our customers distribution centers. There seemed to be a lot of turnover as each office was rather small, so if you were motivated and willing to relocate within a large region, there we lots of opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The small size of the offices and the fact that each one was a semi-autonomous unit that acted as their personal transportation department. In a small office, any conflict is magnified ten fold, and your every action is analyzed by your customers. This makes for a very tense environment.

Advice to Management

Take a stronger interest in the environments formed in each DCS account. Lobby for your own employees if the customer is making unreasonable demands and bring in additional staff rather than expect the office staff to put in 60+ hour weeks

Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt

1. Recruiter

Pros

Very well compensated with regards to driver bonuses. Also, my management was quite good and overall inspiring.

Cons

It was a lot of monotony. We were required to make approx. 200 cold calls a day. Also, dealing with commission you had the good times and bad.

Advice to Management

I would tell the management to nurture their workers for long term employment and try to cut down on turnover.

2. Overworked and underappreciated

Pros

Career prospects and upward mobility

Cons

ZERO work-life balance. Sometimes the promotions go to whoever work the most hours rather than the smarter and more qualified employee. Too many poorly qualified people get hired and you end up working with idiots.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits, pay and work-life balance