There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Love this company

Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with J B on and off for 21 years. I've never had a complaint about the company itself. My I've run into a knuckle head Fleet Manager or two, but I've a;ways made good money with J B.

Cons

They go a little overboard with all the safety stuff. It can be a pain sometimes. but then I guess there can never be too much safety.

Start cracking down on the smart mouth Fleet managers, who think it's productive to talk to grown men like babies. I'll name no names, but they know who they are.

reviews filtered by

Care nothing about drivers

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New Equipment
    Electronic logs(not many like em but I do)
    Never have to drive unsafe or out of hours

Cons

Pay is horrible, 11 yrs experience took a pay cut to .32 a mile
    "dispatchers" treat and talk to you like crap..being college grads, they know more about driving ya know
    Fuel bonus is very hard to get
    No performance bonus or raise in all the 3 years I've been with them

Pay drivers better. If the CEO gets a yearly bonus, so should the drivers. Hire some Fleet Managers that have common sense and treat drivers a little better..and PLEASE get rid of Peoplenet. Its the worst software I've had the displeasure of using in my professional AND personal life.

2. ICS... potential for growth but need to strengthen foundations

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time

Pros

- Huge growth opportunity in ICS (both as a division and for employees)
    - Ability to find opportunities in field branches across the US (new branches opening every year)
    - Solid benefits
    - Young, vibrant, and fun culture
    - Upper management, led by CEO John Roberts, has a great vision of how to improve JB Hunt services, increase market share, and continually grow JB Hunt as one of the top-quality transportation providers and consultants in the industry

Cons

- Your success and earnings is largely based on what branch you are assigned to. If you are assigned to a branch with poor leadership/management, this will be evident in the teams attitude, numbers, and productivity, which will directly impact your personal success and earnings. The same productive employee may flourish or fail depending on which branch he/she happens to be assigned to
    - Reviews are often delayed by managers
    - Compensation is not properly tiered for employees with various productivity (top performer versus average performer)

- Recognize your star performers and future leaders and compensate them properly. This is critical if ICS is to continue its long-term grown and success. Invest more in your people (not across the board necessarily but for those that are the most productive) and reap the benefits of higher returns. Slack on this investment and the future may hold stagnant growth due to the cost of rehires and lowering the bar for talent.

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt