There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Growing logistics company that takes care of its people

Current Employee - Senior Programming Specialist in Lowell, AR
Current Employee - Senior Programming Specialist in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging The people I work with are excellent Innovative with technology Aggressive goals Support great ideas

Cons

Deadlines can be aggressive which means extra hours Pay could be better especially for top performers More vacation time or holidays would be great

Advice to Management

Take extra care of your top performers in any field, you want to keep them. Continue to support the great ideas of your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt

1. Excellent opportunity to gain experience

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No day is ever the same... You will face constant challenges and learn a lot fast!! Lots of opportunity for growth in a organizaiton with a great product and service in all areas. National company with opportunities to move...

Cons

You will work 50-65 hours and possibly have a on-call phone on the weekends...It's borderline unacceptable to move outside the region and you will get no support to move outside of it...Poor benefits... No Vacations for a year and after a year, 5 days... 401k is basically a 3% (6% of half) match...Extremely stressful work environment (Definitely losing hair). Very poor training from the get-go... Sink or Swim mentality. Depending on the customer you work for, you are subject to their hours of operation... Retail (2/3 days off a year) some other industries (every holiday).

Advice to Management

My only advice is 5 vacation days after 6 months, 7 after a year... after 6 months you have learned so much and your constant interaction with aggressive under-educated individuals wears on your mentality significantly.

2. Love this company

Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with J B on and off for 21 years. I've never had a complaint about the company itself. My I've run into a knuckle head Fleet Manager or two, but I've a;ways made good money with J B.

Cons

They go a little overboard with all the safety stuff. It can be a pain sometimes. but then I guess there can never be too much safety.

Advice to Management

Start cracking down on the smart mouth Fleet managers, who think it's productive to talk to grown men like babies. I'll name no names, but they know who they are.