There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Excellent opportunity to gain experience

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No day is ever the same... You will face constant challenges and learn a lot fast!! Lots of opportunity for growth in a organizaiton with a great product and service in all areas. National company with opportunities to move...

Cons

You will work 50-65 hours and possibly have a on-call phone on the weekends...It's borderline unacceptable to move outside the region and you will get no support to move outside of it...Poor benefits... No Vacations for a year and after a year, 5 days... 401k is basically a 3% (6% of half) match...Extremely stressful work environment (Definitely losing hair). Very poor training from the get-go... Sink or Swim mentality. Depending on the customer you work for, you are subject to their hours of operation... Retail (2/3 days off a year) some other industries (every holiday).

My only advice is 5 vacation days after 6 months, 7 after a year... after 6 months you have learned so much and your constant interaction with aggressive under-educated individuals wears on your mentality significantly.

reviews filtered by
  1. Love this company

Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with J B on and off for 21 years. I've never had a complaint about the company itself. My I've run into a knuckle head Fleet Manager or two, but I've a;ways made good money with J B.

Cons

They go a little overboard with all the safety stuff. It can be a pain sometimes. but then I guess there can never be too much safety.

Start cracking down on the smart mouth Fleet managers, who think it's productive to talk to grown men like babies. I'll name no names, but they know who they are.

Care nothing about drivers

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New Equipment
    Electronic logs(not many like em but I do)
    Never have to drive unsafe or out of hours

Cons

Pay is horrible, 11 yrs experience took a pay cut to .32 a mile
    "dispatchers" treat and talk to you like crap..being college grads, they know more about driving ya know
    Fuel bonus is very hard to get
    No performance bonus or raise in all the 3 years I've been with them

Pay drivers better. If the CEO gets a yearly bonus, so should the drivers. Hire some Fleet Managers that have common sense and treat drivers a little better..and PLEASE get rid of Peoplenet. Its the worst software I've had the displeasure of using in my professional AND personal life.

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt