There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

good for entry level. no career growth.Long hours.

Current Employee - Programming Specialist in Lowell, AR
Current Employee - Programming Specialist in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good for entry level programmers. Challenging.

Cons

limited growth options. Unrealistic,meaningless goals causing no work-life balance.

recognize the talent and credit the senior members. Invest on right tools.Balance the work load.

248 Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt (View Most Recent)

Solid place to work

I have been working at J.B. Hunt

Pros

Willing to give people of many different backgrounds a shot.

Cons

Does not pay the middle employ that well in comparison for the work they demand.

Be willing to spend more for insurance

A year and a half of OTR driving for the company

Former Employee - OTR Driver
    Former Employee - OTR Driver

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The terminal in Chicago has a cafeteria. Usually, could find an empty trailer after home time fairly quickly. The staff at the terminals are usually friendly.

Cons

The other terminals don't have cafeterias. Most of the terminals aren't comfortable. That's par for the course in the industry, though. It's a bizarre lifestyle. I think some drivers get truck madness, like space madness.

I was an owner/operator later and could turn down some the loads going to places like DC or Staten Island, thank god. The loads to those places don't even pay well. If they want 52' trailers in those areas, they shouldn't use sleeper cabs in my opinion.

Give drivers a head's up about not getting off I-95 in NYC even if it is a "truck route". The height of bridges are mislabeled and the truck routes are confusing (other than to Hunt's Point). I was fired for hitting a low bridge there. I didn't know an interstate could have bridges marked 12'6" and went off course to avoid them, which got me further in a bind. I was black balled via the DAC report, but I bought my own authority and delivered food there many times after that. I learned the hard way how to navigate through that area. It's not for rookies.

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt