There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Good Place to work at.

I worked at J.B. Hunt

Pros

Great Place to work at.

Cons

work like balance and lack of getting promoted

235 Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt (View Most Recent)

If you want to be back in high school, this is the place.

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is not so bad for the work you do.

Cons

Very much like high school, everyone is in their little groups and if you are not in a group, you are not included. Also, if you are one minute late they will use that as an excuse to say you have poor job performance. My significant other's care broke down when it was 12 degrees outside, I asked my manager if I could go and pick them up or if I needed to call around and find someone else and was told my leaving would be fine but would cost me some PTO. I come back and am immediately ushered into a room and written up for taking time off (1 hour) without a 72 hour notice.

Learn to respect your employees.

So far so good

Current Employee - Carrier Sales Coordinator  in  Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Carrier Sales Coordinator in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team environment, individual growth & access to senior management. opportunities to develop and grow.

Cons

demanding job on time and being on call especially with lower end compensation, tendency to nickle and dime on compensation. Business units still quite silo'd, and within the same division lots of internal strife due to budget restraints.

Trust your people, seek to develop current employees while bringing in the right people from outside to add what we lack.
    Ensure that operations within brokerage are respected and treated equally to salesmen. When you get good operations teams ensure you are willing to compensate for similar levels to market for industry and similar job responsibilities in other industries

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!