Great place to work.

Pros

Good people, who are passionate about what they do. Knowledgeable. Big players in the logistics sphere.

Cons

Everyone I talk to asks me if I'm a truck driver when I tell them I work at JB Hunt. I'm not a truck driver.

Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt

Mistake That Will Never be Made Again

Former Employee - Account Manager in Carlisle, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Carlisle, PA

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opened my eyes to the reality of the workforce.

Cons

-Lots of hours. Expect to work at least 12-14 hours per day and get called on weekends. Especially if you're young. -Mediocre pay scale isn't worth time and effort invested -Constant criticism from upper management -Training is non-existent. All upper management knows this, but never the less forces you to do tasks that you were never properly trained to do. -Company cycles through countless low-paid temps yet expects top performance at all times. -Good Old Boy mentality -Don't expect much in the form of promotions. I was considered lucky to see even a 5% increase in salary.

Advice to Management

-Stop harassing employees with numerous condescending email, texts, and phone calls for every little mistake that's made.

2. Good Pay, Good People, Long Hours

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great to work with. The other managers I worked with have been easy going and willing to help one another out. The regional managers are also very good to work for.Pay is pretty good, especially for those coming out of college. Opportunity to see various types of shipping operations. You will defiantly learn a lot very quickly.

Cons

Long hours and lots of stress. But this varies depending on where you work at. Some accounts have one person managing them while others have multiple. The stress level also varies depending on where you work.

Advice to Management

The workload for some is a little much, especially on the accounts with one manager.