J.B. Hunt

www.jbhunt.com
  www.jbhunt.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Great career advancement and skill development

Current Employee - IS Professional
Current Employee - IS Professional

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management is willing to take chances on you, allow you to try new things to grow and advance. Fast career progression if you are hard working and talented

Cons

Overall, compensation is very competitive, but sometimes people are confused that a large portion of that is in the bonus system. The industry can be slowed down during hard economic times, though the diverse business units help to hedge against it.

253 Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt (View Most Recent)

Account Representative and Carrier Sales Rep.

Former Employee - Account Representative and Carrier Sales Coordinator in Lowell, AR

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro I can give JBH is that I enjoyed the people that I worked with.

Cons

The environment at JBH is very intense. I remember being constantly yelled at for things out of my control. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy. I was told to lie to truckers in order to meet deadlines- not in my moral code- so that was the last straw. The hours were insane for the low pay. Come in at 7am and leave at 8pm. Oh, and don't even think about taking a lunch break, doctor visit, or picking up a child from daycare.

Get on the floor and see how hard your employees are working to make YOU money. Notice how they are being treated and fix the problem. Not one person should ever be degraded in front of an entire floor of workers.

Driver, Trainer yard jockey looking to promote to management

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Frederick, MD

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

fairy easy to get hired on. (most driving jobs are due to the shortage of drivers). OK Medical benefits, Average pay.

Cons

Once hired on as a driver they make it extremely difficult to do anything other then that. On the face they make it look like they promote drivers but, I haven't seen it. I have done everything they have asked me to and I am still in the same position. They run you around in endless circles telling you to call this person and them call this person only to end up right back where you started. The standard is that you must have one of the following. 3 years of experience with the company. 3 years of management experience or a 4 year degree. I have 20 years of driving experience. More than 5 years with the company in those years many service and safety awards. more then 3 years of management experience and one semester from graduating college. However, with all that I asked the area manager about a position and he told me I need to wait until I graduated in the fall. I guess all the accolades didn't mean anything compared to a math class. I believe they don't want to loose drivers even if it means to loose them to themselves. Every location has a computer for drivers to complete safety modules and change or modify anything to do with your employment there such as payroll or benefits. Now take a guess what's blocked on these JB Hunt computers? You guess it, anything to do with applying for any non driving positions. Who has ever heard of a company that blocks there own employees from applying to other position within the company. Only JB Hunt, talk about your glass ceiling.

Make more of a REAL effort to promote drivers within the company. Most of us aren't as dumb as you think. In fact quite the opposite.

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt