J.B. Hunt

www.jbhunt.com
  www.jbhunt.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Low pay, lots of opportunity in ICS

Current Employee - Transportation Manager
Current Employee - Transportation Manager

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere on brokerage floor and lots of young, talented, and energetic fellow employees to interact with. They have a lot of fun, and you routinely speak with VP's and others in day to day work.
Upward mobility for hard workers- hard work does pay off in terms of promotion, but those that manage people aren't always compensated as you might expect.

Cons

45 hour work week mandatory minimum- not a huge deal until you figure out that the worst months are work are also when your branch struggles financially and so commissions are low.
Low pay vs vendor community - JB tracks pay against industry cost of labor and not area. So if you are in Northwest Arkansas your peer group of professionals at other companies may make 30-40% more than you.

Don't wait for your employees to find another job before offering a raise.

261 Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt (View Most Recent)

Great career advancement and skill development

Current Employee - IS Professional
    Current Employee - IS Professional

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management is willing to take chances on you, allow you to try new things to grow and advance. Fast career progression if you are hard working and talented

Cons

Overall, compensation is very competitive, but sometimes people are confused that a large portion of that is in the bonus system. The industry can be slowed down during hard economic times, though the diverse business units help to hedge against it.

Account Representative and Carrier Sales Rep.

Former Employee - Account Representative and Carrier Sales Coordinator in Lowell, AR

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro I can give JBH is that I enjoyed the people that I worked with.

Cons

The environment at JBH is very intense. I remember being constantly yelled at for things out of my control. I would not wish this job on my worst enemy. I was told to lie to truckers in order to meet deadlines- not in my moral code- so that was the last straw. The hours were insane for the low pay. Come in at 7am and leave at 8pm. Oh, and don't even think about taking a lunch break, doctor visit, or picking up a child from daycare.

Get on the floor and see how hard your employees are working to make YOU money. Notice how they are being treated and fix the problem. Not one person should ever be degraded in front of an entire floor of workers.

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt