There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

A great place to work

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Marion, IL
Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Marion, IL

I worked at J.B. Hunt

Pros

I worked in the offices at a dedicated contract services account as an Operations Supervisor, and was the only JBH employee on-site. I was very satisfied with the flexibility given to me in my position, as well as the compensation and benefits. My manager(s) were all very professional and courteous.

Cons

I never really had a true downside, but I was on midnight shift. This sometimes complicated how and when to contact someone for assistance in the event of a PC issue or otherwise.

I have no advice to offer. JB Hunt was a fantastic company to work for, and I would gladly work for them again in the future.

236 Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt (View Most Recent)

If you like working in a structured atmosphere JB Hunt is for you.

Former Employee - Maintenance Manager  in  Lowell, AR
    Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Lowell, AR

I worked at J.B. Hunt

Pros

Solid company with a stable future. Executive management is good as it gets in transportation industry. Even during the tough economic times, while everyone was cutting employees with no human regard, JBH management was exceptional in finding ways to prevent such harsh cuts. Company truly works hard everyday with safety culture.

Cons

Compensation. There's a reason why 65% of the corporate employees work second jobs rather than spend the time with their family. The company is very top heavy with salaried lower/middle management. This makes for some confusion at times.

OTR is what got you where you are. JBI and DCS are taking you where you're going. I understand upper management gets it, but middle management not so much. They preach it, but don't get it. Use your customer base in DCS and personel in brokerage to start up air freight. You have 85 great new locations to utilize as cartage agents.

Hard work, no gain, odd management style.

Former Employee - IT Support  in  Lowell, AR
    Former Employee - IT Support in Lowell, AR

I worked at J.B. Hunt

Pros

Lots of empowering for individuals
    People are generally good.

Cons

Horrible management, and their managers are probably even worse.
    Either people have been there for less than 3 years or for over 15, usually no in betweens.
    All about who you know and not what you know of-course.

Really need to concentrate on your management. People leave the company because they hate their managers, not the company.

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!