J.B. Hunt
www.jbhunt.com Lowell, AR 5000+ Employees

J.B. Hunt - Transportation Manager Position - Field Office

Transportation Manager (Former Employee)
Elgin, IL

ProsThe opportunity to work independently amongst your coworkers. The opportunity for bonuses and pay raises if the outside branch as a whole functions successfully. The opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 company with a solid financial statement and longevity in the marketplace. Outlook for this company for continued future growth looks positive. Individual field branch structure allows for the will of the Director to determine unexpected, 'right-now', time off if necessary. Personally, in my branch, I had a very flexible Director.

ConsSubstandard appearance in knowledge of the 'brokerage' industry by executive management. Annual budgets are often overridden by executive management, thus causing unrealistic growth expectations for field branches. 24-hour on-call duty, which is expected to include any call from any of the 10, 20, 30, 40+ drivers per night, at any given time of the night, on a daily (including weekend) basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementOversee, and visit, outside branches on a more regular basis. This is a good company to work for, but the corporate-level appearance within the outside branches can lead some to think that you don't really care about them. Also, I personally believe each 'field' new-hire should spend at least three days at the Corporate HQ, prior to their first day at their 'field' office, in order to 1) Learn the culture, 2) See who exactly it is they're working for, and most importantly 3) Network with peers.

Decent place to work if you're with the right account.

Operations Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at J.B. Hunt

Pros: J.B. Hunt is a decent place to work if you want to get a year of experience fresh out of college.… Cons: The management structure here is atrocious. People are promoted for doing a good job, which is not a bad thing. But some of… Advice to Senior Management: Respect your management team and stop treating them like children. Promote leaders,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to work

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Marion, IL

I worked at J.B. Hunt

Pros: I worked in the offices at a dedicated contract services account as an Operations Supervisor, and was the only JBH employee on-site. I was very… Cons: I never really had a true downside, but I was on midnight shift. This sometimes complicated… Advice to Senior Management: I have no advice to offer. JB Hunt was a fantastic company to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on J.B. Hunt.

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.B. Hunt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J.B. Hunt CEO John N. Roberts III. All reviews posted anonymously by J.B. Hunt employees.