J.B. Hunt

www.jbhunt.com
  www.jbhunt.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt

Good first job out of school.

Current Employee - Senior Programming Specialist in Lowell, AR
Current Employee - Senior Programming Specialist in Lowell, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt

Pros

Open to new technology and business idea's.
Shares information about the business with non core areas.
C-Suit members are very easy to approach.
Good place to intern.

Cons

Limited vertical mobility. Openings are generally filled from the outside and are not offered to internal candidates. People are seen as expenses rather than assets. Very low level of job satisfaction in general. VP level takes pride in "running thin" to make budget look good but causes a high level of burnout.

Profits are good, EPS is high. These are great things for investors and bonuses. Good people are leaving and more will follow as the economy improves. People have turned the other cheek as many times as they can.

257 Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work if you're with the right account.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at J.B. Hunt

Pros

J.B. Hunt is a decent place to work if you want to get a year of experience fresh out of college. The pay is on par with most entry level jobs for college grads. The benefits package is pretty decent also.

Cons

The management structure here is atrocious. People are promoted for doing a good job, which is not a bad thing. But some of these people have no idea of what it takes to be a leader, mentor, coach, etc. The management style is based on discipline and dismiss, rather than coach and correct. Upper management seems to make a lot of decisions based off emotions rather than logic. And beware of the Arkansas connection. It seems as if 85% of the management team has some connection to that state or school. If you're not one of them, you probably don't matter.

For anyone other than a first year college grad, the pay is ridiculous.

Respect your management team and stop treating them like children. Promote leaders, not just folks that do-gooders that don't have a clue on how to manage.

A great place to work

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Marion, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Marion, IL

I worked at J.B. Hunt

Pros

I worked in the offices at a dedicated contract services account as an Operations Supervisor, and was the only JBH employee on-site. I was very satisfied with the flexibility given to me in my position, as well as the compensation and benefits. My manager(s) were all very professional and courteous.

Cons

I never really had a true downside, but I was on midnight shift. This sometimes complicated how and when to contact someone for assistance in the event of a PC issue or otherwise.

I have no advice to offer. JB Hunt was a fantastic company to work for, and I would gladly work for them again in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for J.B. Hunt