J. C. Penney
3.0 of 5 1,856 reviews
www.jcpenney.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Going strong after more than 4 years!!

Customee Service Associate (Current Employee)
Roseville, CA

ProsHours are typically steady, benefits offered to full and part time employees, company supports charitable organizations, flexible scheduling, as well as friendly management.

ConsGetting 2 credit applications a week is difficult for some of us (however not yet have I seen anyone terminated for it), topic get hounded about it sometimes constantly, things can get stressful during slower times when hours are cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementSo far so good. I feel as though my voice is always heard although I do wish that you would be more consistent in the way you enforce the dress code, if I can't wear my piercings I don't hi k its fair anyone else should. Also, mini skirts in a professional environment? Come on, give me a break and slap someone on the wrist already.

An OK place to work

Plano, TX

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros: The best reasons to work at the home office are friendly co-workers, great… Cons: It can be hard for non-management associates to advance.Some areas do not promote… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within more (for non-management associates). Ask associates what areas they want… More

Sometimes it's great and other times it's extremely frustrating.

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros: Good pay, respect of schedules, good learning experience for customer service,… Cons: Disorganized management, little respect for employees, too high of expectations, bad communication, too must leniency for associates who… Advice to Senior Management: Managers need to have more respect for associates, there is too much communication between management as well. There are things associates are not supposed to… More
There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman. All reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees.