1981 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

A fast paced positive environment

Current Employee - Product Consultant  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Product Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

Products we get to work with
Gratis
Make up Training
Contests
Access to exclusive products
Job Security
Promotions
Managerial Support

Cons

Low hourly pay rate
Distance from my home
Communication from JCP to Sephora
Don't know everyone that works in the store

The Beauty Manager needs to me more motivated and commited to her team and store. Should be working to help those who want to, to get promoted.

Other Reviews for J. C. Penney

A good summer job

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Knoxville, TN

I worked at J. C. Penney

Pros

Flexible hours and employee discount

Cons

Understaffed during peak times and around holidays

It use to be a family like atmosphere, however since we have had a new ceo, Ron Johnson it;s very stressful.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

JCP is a long time standing company. The employees are loyal and friendly. I like the fact that everyone works together.

Cons

Our new CEO has changed so many thing dramatically and too swiftly. There has been cuts to employees who have been with the company for 15 to 20 years and replaced with younger and less experienced people. Pay cuts have hurt myself and every employee that i work with. We have recieved no notice of pay cuts and the changes until it is right up on your heels..1 week is not enough time to inform us of the money loss. There is no regard to our lives and responsibilities. I feel raped by the company but what can I do I need a job. I;m very unhappy.

I would say to take your time and feel your way through the employees and the customers. The abrupt changes have hurt a lot of families. It's beginning to feel like a Wal Mart, not careing about the workers just the profits and FYI your employees are your profit. If we loose good workers your company will loose customers because JCP's customers empathize with us and they will and have gone to shop elsewhere to prove thier loyalty to us. Please stop and think of the entire eco system of our company.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!