J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com

1962 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

I feel cheated.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tukwila, WA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tukwila, WA

Pros

you get 2% discount on a perches. they have a big dinning room. they are inside the mall.

Cons

they will work you to death. if people don't apply for credit card they make it like it is your fault.
they hire you saying you are here as permanent employee, but after big holiday they tell you that they no longer need you and you were hired only for the holiday.. so never leave your permanent job for jc penny. you might find your self in the cold after Christmas day.

Please don't lie to people just to hire them for seasonal job only. I left my 3 years job to come work for you. and don't lie about employees performance when you don't need them any more.

Other reviews for J. C. Penney

Pleasant place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boone, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Pros

Management and employees are very friendly.
    Wide range of things you can do to help out but you have to seek them out.

Cons

Little supervision and performance feedback from management. Little opportunity for advancement unless you have been employed for 18 months

Give a little more responsibility where it is due and let employees know when they are doing a good job and when they are not.

Great job for someone starting out in retail, I love the staff most of the time.

Current Employee - JC Penney Cashier  in  Waxahachie, TX
    Current Employee - JC Penney Cashier in Waxahachie, TX

Pros

They are extremely flexible working with your schedule. The majority of managers are very nice and personable, of course there is always that one person you dont always get along with but everyone else makes up for it. I was surprised to see no cattiness from any of my co-workers since almost everyone is female. They are always doing things for the employees (providing lunch, having contests for prizes, ect.) which is nice. Also you have a chance to earn $2 every time someone signs up for a credit card under your name whether they are approved or not which adds up. They also just switched to a new discount plan which is 25%.

Cons

I was really disappointed in the pay. I worked retail for almost 2 years before working here and they started me at only $7.50 and after 3 months was bumped to only $7.75. Mostly everyone without experience starts at minimum wage.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!