J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com

1970 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Roller Coaster Ride

Pros

They are really good at working with you for availability. Being a college student while working here, I have had to have work scheduled around my classes, and they were very willing to help me out here. They are also good at giving time off (even if it's Unpaid) if you need it for any reason. Some of the managers are super friendly and very open about information sharing.

Cons

Supervisors are not fair in how they treat associates. They pick a couple who they favor, regardless of their work ethic, and they are the ones who get the hours. Also, payroll hours are not spread fairly, and seniority does not matter. I have been with my store for much longer than any other associate in my department, and I was hired as full-time. There are a couple of people who have only been with the company for maybe a year, and they are getting the full time hours, while I get 1 day a week (even though I have higher work ethic than they do). Also, depending on who the MOD is you may not get updates or announcements about events, dress code changes, etc. Every manager has a different way of handling things, and depending on the questions, you may end up with a different answer for every single manager.

Be more fair to the associates. Rather than giving two people all the hours, try to divide them evenly. Also, ask for our advice more often in the way the company is run without judgment. Be more consistent, too, in how you answer questions--some managers will give one answer while another will give the complete opposite answer, and it's very difficult to know what the true answer actually is.

Other reviews for J. C. Penney

Pros

There is good Work Life Balance and proximity to home if one lives in the the Plano/Frisco/Allen area. There are good facilities on-site like a day care, 2 restaurants etc.

Cons

There is a state of Constant Change and flux atleast at this time. That could change in the future once things settle down though.

Management needs to be more transparent and communicative at all levels. Lack of transparancy and communication demoralizes and creates fear/uncertainty and ultimately affects the productivity of the employee

It was a great experience

Pros

The best part about the job was the people that I got to work with. Made a fair amount of money.

Cons

The downside of working at J.C. Penney was the constant monitoring of employees. Security always had their eye on you.

I think the company is doing a great job in recent years. I believe they have taken the company up.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!