J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com
There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

Roller Coaster Ride

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

They are really good at working with you for availability. Being a college student while working here, I have had to have work scheduled around my classes, and they were very willing to help me out here. They are also good at giving time off (even if it's Unpaid) if you need it for any reason. Some of the managers are super friendly and very open about information sharing.

Cons

Supervisors are not fair in how they treat associates. They pick a couple who they favor, regardless of their work ethic, and they are the ones who get the hours. Also, payroll hours are not spread fairly, and seniority does not matter. I have been with my store for much longer than any other associate in my department, and I was hired as full-time. There are a couple of people who have only been with the company for maybe a year, and they are getting the full time hours, while I get 1 day a week (even though I have higher work ethic than they do). Also, depending on who the MOD is you may not get updates or announcements about events, dress code changes, etc. Every manager has a different way of handling things, and depending on the questions, you may end up with a different answer for every single manager.

Be more fair to the associates. Rather than giving two people all the hours, try to divide them evenly. Also, ask for our advice more often in the way the company is run without judgment. Be more consistent, too, in how you answer questions--some managers will give one answer while another will give the complete opposite answer, and it's very difficult to know what the true answer actually is.

2225 Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney (View Most Recent)

Great for a temporary job, but not if you want to advance

Current Employee - Sales Support/Replenishment
    Current Employee - Sales Support/Replenishment

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

They are very flexible with your hours and time off requests. It's a convenient place to work if you are going to school, or as a second job.

Cons

I've worked at 2 different JCPenney stores and they are both consistent with bad things. Favorites are always played, if you are not best friends with a current manager there is no way that you can advance. You are never praised for the good work you do. Basically there is not a big chance to move up in the company.

Don't play favorites!!!

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

There is good Work Life Balance and proximity to home if one lives in the the Plano/Frisco/Allen area. There are good facilities on-site like a day care, 2 restaurants etc.

Cons

There is a state of Constant Change and flux atleast at this time. That could change in the future once things settle down though.

Management needs to be more transparent and communicative at all levels. Lack of transparancy and communication demoralizes and creates fear/uncertainty and ultimately affects the productivity of the employee

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney