J. C. Penney
3.0 of 5 1,651 reviews
www.jcpenney.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

once upon a time it was amazingly great but now it's horribly wrong in many ways

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Prosit once was a great place to work but now both nationally and locally it's changed and not at all for the better.....trust me!!

Consnew ceo is treating it like apple and target and jcpenney is not like that and should be treated and respected for what it is and the employees are now treated with very little respect....no, they're not treated respectfully at all. as far as the customers are concerned he doesn't seem to really have them in mind while making all fo these crazy changes. sad, because I was very happy going to work every day before the new ceo took charge...now, not so much!!

Advice to Senior Managementsame sort of response as before....the new changes bought on by new3 ceo has now made it impossible for me to advance. by the way, i was told a short while ago that i was management material....that was before the changes. no room for advancement now!

Fine as long as you only talk about positives.

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros: Very easy to keep a family balance and get time off when needed. … Cons: Very poor morale right now, lots of mistrust about upper management.… Advice to Senior Management: Please respect the people who have worked for you for over the years. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at J. C. Penney

Pros: Fast moving environment that allows young managers to develop a… Cons: Work/Life balance is low when working retail hours. More

There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman. All reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees.