There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

heritage of james cash penney

Current Employee - Merchandise Execution Manager in Charlottesville, VA
Current Employee - Merchandise Execution Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time (More than a year)

Pros

career opportunities career development growth and customer service

Cons

nothing.... new transformation too much work to keep up with

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

1. A Fun, and exciting place to work.

Current Employee - Merchandise Execution Worker in League City, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise Execution Worker in League City, TX

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your indoors comforted by the A/C and you also get to jam to cool music while you work. I always appreciate JCP's commitment to providing employees with two 15 min breaks and a lunch break when working full shifts. I've done this with other jobs and have never been so privileged!

Cons

not much to point out here. though I would love it if JCP had sort of a radio station where customers/ employees could text or request a song somehow. it would make the entire shopping/ working experience even more enjoyable!

Advice to Management

Always encourage the idea of having periodic special lunches where food is prepared for employees that day. This type of function is fun, engaging, and always makes every worker feel more appreciated and truly causes them to love where they work.

Store manager and Sephora manager are unaware of their own company policies!

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Midwest City, OK
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Midwest City, OK

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are friendly and great to work with.

Cons

They hire you under the pretense that you will get a minimum of 32 hours a week and you get commision and great benifits starting day one! You soon find out that the benefits are a discount program....but to late you already comitted to the "insurance"! The commision is only if you beat last years sales....and nothing to do with the products you sold for the day! And as for the hours....they have more employees than needed just so that dont have any full time employees to recieve the real insurance! Also if the manager over Sephora decides she doesn't like you she will work you 4 hours a week....if you are lucky! She shows favoritism to those who suck up and if you don't gossip and bad mouth other employees with her you become the one that is talked about!

Advice to Management

The company has an open door policy which means you can speak freely about concerns without repercussions! After telling the store manager I want what I say to not get back to my supervisor! Not only did he tell her everything but he even showed her the notes he took with our discussion.