Customer Service Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

G.R.E.A.T. training, great customers, clean store and good merchandise.

Cons

After years of very, very hard work, I was let go and the lazy, always late or absent people stayed. HUH??? Hello??? Thanks for ruining my financial future Ron Johnson.

Advice to Management

Get a backbone.

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

Fun while it lasted

Former Employee - Pricing Team Associate in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Pricing Team Associate in Reno, NV

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work if your behind the scene. You can move into any department quickly. Easy to work around school. Part time benefits are good. They do try to make it a fun place to work. Lots of fun activities for employees. Meet some of my best friends working here. Best of all 30% off discount with coupons.

Cons

If you work in retail there is always going to be something to complain about. Most employees did. There is no way around it, managers will make you mad at one point. They will throw you under the bus to save their own hide. Caught several dept mangers lying and blaming others when something went wrong.

Advice to Management

I can not say much, most of the management was laid off after new pricing structure. Really shocked me some where there for 10 plus years.

Sales

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Michigan City, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Michigan City, IN

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Treated employees like people, made sure to give proper breaks and lunches unlike other employers.Not sure how they get away with this leagally but that another review.

Cons

Long hours Thanksgiving thru Christmas.They cut pay and benefits more than once these are the people that deserve it more than CEOs or manager of the store that sits behind the desk in the office.

Advice to Management

Always treat people with respect they have lives outside of this place and families .