J. C. Penney
3.0 of 5 1,647 reviews
www.jcpenney.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Great job if still in school

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey were very flexible with my school schedule and my other job. School always came first, and they were very good with that

ConsThe raises are horrible, even if you get the highest pay raise, it was still only like 25 cents. Worked there for 6 years, got a pay raise every single year, and still made less than $10/hour. I didn't feel like i was appreciated enough, even though I worked my butt off there. There were associates that were lazy and barely did anything and they never and consequences to their terrible work habits.

Good place for experience, limited career options

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good experience with a large organization. Cons: Company has had a few bumbs in the road lately… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

it was such a good time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at J. C. Penney for more than a year

Pros: flexible hours and easy to manage with school Cons: so many changes that wiped all of the cons away More

There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman. All reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees.