J. C. Penney
3.0 of 5 1,643 reviews
www.jcpenney.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Engaging

Support Lead Expert (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time for more than 3 years

ProsJCPenney is an interesting environment with engaging individuals, a great discount, and fun people. The stores are clean and inviting, and the merchandise is exciting.

ConsThe pay is not great, and due to the recent transformation is a high stress environment. It is somewhat difficult to move up in the ranks, since they like to hire for leadership positions from the outside.

Advice to Senior Managementhave a plan set in place to cope with the stressful environment of retail.

Great people, cranky customers

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Hanover, MA

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time for more than a year

Pros: Everyone there is super friendly and incredibly kind. Cons: The customers are annoying and crabby all the time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

not a bad place to work!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time for more than a year

Pros: Most managers are great to work with and especially our store manager... she is a down to earth,… Cons: Pay could be higher. You never know from day to day, what is happening in the company with all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman. All reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees.