J. C. Penney

Great Learning Experiece

Current Employee - Internship in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Internship in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

I internd with JCPenney. The Internship program was a great learning experience. You are truly recognized as a member of the management staff.

Cons

Work is very time consuming. You are required to work over 40 hours a week as a sales manager. Many associates also don't relize all the background work that goes into being a superior manager.

Employment could be structured better to allow for future advancement in career. More visits from corporate would also allow for individual stored to achieve higher sales.

2228 Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney (View Most Recent)

Don't waste your time.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waterville, ME
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waterville, ME

I worked at J. C. Penney

Pros

You get to work with some great people. The schedule is flexible because of the different hours. A few genuine employees still work there.

Cons

It seems like getting ahead only happens if you are related to another employee. Employees who are incompetent are given management position because of who they are, not how they work. One manager loves abusing associates in from of customers. Even people who work there for years dont get ahead when they deserve it.

Please look closer at your managers skills before promoting them. The training was a joke, it that was redone your younger employees would stand a better chance.

Treated like I was in 2nd grade.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

I worked at J. C. Penney

Pros

Easy to get the hours that you want. Job doesn't require heavy lifting. Customers were mostly friendly. Other associates were generally cool.

Cons

Management treats associates like toilet paper: disposable, of little value, and fed lots of crap. Sales goals were created and then we were brought in for review when we didn't make it. They did not offer any solution for creating additional sales, but chastised us for not hitting goals.

Treat your employees as you would like to be treated. We may not make your salary or have your level of responsibility, but we respond the same to negative stimuli.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney