J. C. Penney

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

Disappointing

Current Employee - Salon Leader
Current Employee - Salon Leader

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Continuing education, benefits, vacation pay, sick pay, paid personal days, flexible scheduling, paid training, hour lunches, paid travel, Matrix Color line, Paul Mitchell color line, Sexy hair concepts/Chi/Matrix/Paul Mitchell products for stylist use, supplied business building supplies. They set you up to win you just have to go out and do it.

Cons

Very strict with new stylist or stylist without a book only offering them 12 hours a week. There is a productivity policy that if you miss your productivity (minimum money you bring in per hour you work) 3 times in a rolling 12 months you are terminated, no excuses no exception.
As the Salon Leader (manager) I am not allowed to perform services on clients. I have been licensed for 11 years being a cosmetologist is what I love and they have taken that away from me.
Really pushing “sourcing” They want the salon leaders to go into other salons and try and convince stylist with a full cliental to leave their place of employment and come work for JCP salon bring their clients with them. The only stylists they want us to hire have to have a full cliental.
The mass layoffs have been hard on everyone. There is no job security. You don’t know when someone somewhere is going to decide that your position is no longer needed in the new JCP vision.

If you’re going to fire people and make others responsible for their duties then give that person a raise. More work/responsibility should mean more pay.

2291 Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney (View Most Recent)

Its a cool job if You are well liked- Receiver

Current Employee - Receiver
    Current Employee - Receiver

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meet different people
    Flexible schedule
    Trained in various positions

Cons

Working Very early in the morning
    Managers are very demanding

Nice department managers but didn't enjoy co-workers

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

Managers were nice and understanding.

Cons

Employees weren't looking to work and would constantly be no shows.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney