There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

Learn to be self-sufficient and customer is priority number one.

I worked at J. C. Penney

Pros

I personally enjoyed the fast-pace environment it provided. Employee Recognition. Small treats for making sales goals.

Cons

Staffing issues, keeping up with customers when you are by yourself requires some skin.

I feel some employees are being disregarded for the wrong reasons. In this economy, it's sad to see employees losing hours because some people don't want a credit card.

reviews filtered by
  1. A life lesson and stepping stone towards knowing my full potential.

Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Davenport, FL
    Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Davenport, FL

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meet great people trying to make an honest living. Great starter job to learn the basics of the occupation industry. (Ages 17-23)

Cons

Very rarely promote from with-in regardless of completion of schooling, qualifications and/or interest. Negative moral due to the domino effect and stress of the company executives.

Try to focus on what makes your associates moral positive. That will be directed towards customers and all parties with benefit.

2. The company was becoming a joke.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employee discounts, good benefits, met good people while I worked there, flexible with hours.

Cons

Being told at closing time not to close out the registers because we have to stay late, teenagers did not want to work Saturday nights and they would sometimes get preferential treatment with hours, poor salaries, morning meetings were repetitive.

Pay your customer service associates better, all customer service associates have to work at least one Saturday night a month. Make the associates happy because if you don't have happy associates, then the customers will not be happy either.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney