J. C. Penney
3.0 of 5 1,666 reviews
www.jcpenney.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

After several years longtime associates passed over for promotions to bring in "outside" talent.

Service Lead Expert (Current Employee)

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat sales discount for employees

ConsAsked to work harder, take on more responsibility with no mention of more money. Company does NOT care about employee morale. They want more work with less people. Employees are asked to continue to buy into company's ever changing vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the JCPenney experience that your employees have gained over the years of working hard for you rather than expect them to train the outside talent that you bring in for the positions they should have.

OK job if you don't expect alot of hours

Cashier (Former Employee)
Montgomeryville, PA

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for less than a year

Pros: Co workers were friendly and helpful Cons: Unorganized, schedule was very random More

Good place to work

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Great people - Good pay - Flexible work arrangement (telecommuting etc) Cons: - Poor health benefits - Uncertainty of the future - Long work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman. All reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees.