J. C. Penney
3.0 of 5 1,851 reviews
www.jcpenney.com Plano, TX 5000+ Employees

Sad place to work!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Antioch, CA

Prosemployee discount is the only positive thing right now.

ConsPay is very low have not had a raise in 2 years no more bonuses. Mangers are very blind to
what is really going on in there store. The do not show any appreciation for there hard working employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who really know how to Manage a store . Mangers need to be trained with more people skills. Teach them teamwork those skills are lacked.

N/A

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros: Nothing good about it at all Cons: They mislead applicants when applying for employment More

Sales

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Plainfield, IN

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for less than a year

Pros: Beautiful store, wonderful staff and nice customer base. Cons: Company was going through one of the worst CEOs I've ever seen. He laid off all of the longtime staff, leaving us directionless… Advice to Senior Management: Keep trying to undo the damage by your former CEO. JC Penney… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. C. Penney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. C. Penney CEO Mike Ullman. All reviews posted anonymously by J. C. Penney employees.