1987 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

It's had its ups and downs

Current Employee - Support Specialist
Current Employee - Support Specialist

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are flexible work hours

Cons

no pay increases for years at a time. lack of communication to the sales associates on major changes. most seem to be communicated more as gossip than as formal memos

communicate down the ladder. the associates on the sales floor ARE the company to the customers. Train, empower, appreciate. give them the information they need to provide the most excellent customer service.

Other Reviews for J. C. Penney

Great Experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Carson, CA

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You develop great skills and attributes. I have developed customer service skills greatly. I have experience handling currency. I also worked in the stockrooms gathering even more skills. The environment was great. It was more so a family like environment than anything else. I would certainly recommend this job for those 18-21 Years old. It is a great first job. A second, NO!

Cons

I have been with the company almost 4 years and I only achieved $1.32 more an hour than my starting pay of 8. As with any job working with the public, it can get stressful at times. Also, since leaving the company, the environment has changed a great deal. Keeping up with old co-workers, it is no longer a family type environment. It's more so, get in, do your job, get out. Also, the schedule is up and down and sideways (Not a set schedule). Again, this is more so a JOB than a Career. If you are over 21 years old and not going to school, you can find full time employment with a set schedule elsewhere.

Bring that family type environment back! Have your employee's backs!

Good place to work if you have a clientele built up

Former Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Hixson, TN
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Hixson, TN

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer advanced training with paid time while training which is good.

Cons

The products they use arent the best

Use better products because the products they used were all over the place using all different types of products. I would use no more than two lines and sell only two lines either upscale or midrange or discount products but having every line isnt good for the salon it is however good for the store because they get sales from all of the products but to keep on the professional level just a couple of lines would be better.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!