J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com

1910 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Transition employment

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsI liked the most of the people. Overall management was flexible and family friendly. If you worked hard you were able to work as much as possible. I did learn some marketing and retail concepts. Most employees did share product knowledge in order to service customers. Some employees were great team players at the JCP I worked at.

ConsSometimes management didn't seem to care or do much about employees who didn't perform their jobs. On many occasions the same people just wandered around doing everything they could not to work. Other associates had to work harder and longer to accommodate the stores need for recovery and stocking. I worked there for nearly a year and never got a review or a raise. Many associates who worked there for many years rarely were compensated for their hard work while lazy associates didn't show up or call and where able to do that over and over before terminated. Or just performed poorly overall. Recently I had heard from a friend that an associate was let go after stealing. This person was demanding and was given what was seen as preferential treatment. Others had been let go for far less serious issues, like family emergencies. I worked many shifts covering for slackers and worked harder and longer to close while these associates where not reprimanded or let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had spoken with other people who worked retail and told me that working good employees to cover for others, few raises and horrible hours were common. Instead of having some employees walking around boasting about how they don't work weekends....and having others work constant weekends with no raises or benefits creates low moral. I understand micromanaging the poor employees is hard, but sometimes it would be good to take a look at how much others have to work to compensate for hung over lazy underachievers who get paid the same as someone killing themselves for JCP.

Good job for high school students

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros: easy work that keeps you busy. Cons: Low pay and low hours More

A very good company to work for.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The company hires the best people available to drive organizational goals. … Cons: The company is dealing with year to year reductions in total sales… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to develop your online presence. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!