J. C. Penney

www.jcpenney.com

1904 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

So-So

Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsGood Discount, Reasonable Credit/Sales/Email goals

ConsOld POS systems (at our small store) that were tedious and inconvenient to use.

Unreasonable break/lunch schedules; had to work 6+hr shifts with only one 10 min break left me very hungry and therefore irritable by the end of my shift.

Seemed like they played the same CD of old music over and over every day, it drove all of us (employees) crazy.

If you're into fashion this probably isn't the place for you because the clothes just aren't very fashion forward, few on-trend pieces. A lot of customers are looking to buy "mom jeans", mock turtlenecks, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was not upfront with me about scheduling/time requirements when I was I hired. I let the manager know my schedule and what I could work during my interview but after being hired was told that I had to work more or wouldn't have a job there.

Hard to respect rules when we sell mostly clothing but our dress code wasn't enforced at all. Other associates were wearing hoodies and sweatshirts to work, which I've never seen tolerated at any other retail store.

Bad place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Montgomery, IL

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It's a job. Coworkers are nice. They try to work around… Cons: It's obvious that the company is struggling. Their main concern is pushing credit card applications and positive customer survey comments. And they are constantly on… Advice to Senior Management: Nobody who gets paid minimum wage and gets treated poorly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I hated it.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Tonawanda, NY

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time for less than a year

Pros: Cashing was alright. Some super nice people there. Paid on… Cons: Upper management is super rude and demanding and there's a… Advice to Senior Management: Don't act like you're better than anyone else. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on J. C. Penney.

Worked for J. C. Penney? Contribute to the Community!