There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

Well...I don't hate it...but I don't love it either

Current Employee - Window Covering Sales Associate
Current Employee - Window Covering Sales Associate

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great discount that you can combine with coupons, lunches provided often, recognition for icaps and service, extra pay for icaps and online orders, able to leave on time at closing

Cons

Windows associates on commission making minimum wage, no training whatsoever, only 30 minute lunches for 8 hour shift, some managers don't know how to handle customers, most managers don't have the answers to my questions, high turnover at my location

2164 Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney (View Most Recent)

New policies are-shorter hours and part-timers can not become full-timers.

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work in Support, with a group of good people. We are the store's workhorse, and we like it that way. You can't become bored if you are a multi-tasker. The job is a very good one, and I would recommend it to anyone that likes doing physical labor, has computer skills, and likes to help customers. But only appy if you want part-time work.

Cons

The drawbacks to working at JC Penney are the shorter hours for full-time employees, and the part-timers have even less hours so that they can not become full-time employees. Plus, there are no set work schedules. Every week is different, they change the schedule without informing, or asking, the workers, and the schedule is never posted in a timely, consistant manner so that workers can plan for doctor appointments, and etc.

Everyone knows that full-time employees costs companys more money than part-timers. But with that extra costs comes a worker that cares about the company, cares about keeping the job for a long time, and therefore puts out a true effort to be a model employee. That employee is well groomed, shows up on time, cares about the customer, and has the satisfaction knowing that the customer that leaves happy will be a repeat customer. In simple terms, you get what you pay for.

Horrible

I have been working at J. C. Penney

Pros

everyone else dislikes their job

Cons

no hours staff is unhappy

na