J. Crew

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

like working with clothing

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

The people that we meet every day.

Cons

Everything we get in shipment comes in plastic bags. Never get a run of items, always the same sizes sent. Not all customers are a 0 or 2 and they get upset when we don't have item. Wish our registers could keep up with what it sold and send item to replace, not stuff we have enough of.

Let us know if we are doing a good job. Work with us more. Explain the way J. Crew would like things done better. I know sales people come and go and it makes it hard to keep up with what was said to who.

730 Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew (View Most Recent)

My experience at J. Crew has so far been positive.

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

Great work atmosphere, kind and friendly co-workers, great benefits package for part-time employees.

Cons

Hourly pay-rate is a little lower than the average for part-time employees.

An okay work environment, but not worth the effort.

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

Overall, your schedule is pretty flexible with respect to your availability and the pay is pretty standard for a sales associate. The employee discount is also very generous, particularly with respect to clearance items.

Cons

Hours are sometimes very low and can vary widely from week to week. Management also tries to keep shifts in the 4-5 hour range, which can be annoying if you have much of a commute. The use of on-call shifts can be nerve wracking as well, as it really limits your ability to make plans.

Try to make sales associates feel more valued. It's hard to stay motivated when turnover is so high that you can't even keep up with your coworkers.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew