There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

A fun atmosphere where I can where I can experience fashion from the retail point of view.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

The associate discount is remarkable, the opportunities are pretty good if I were to continue working there. The consideration for employees needs is wonderful.

Cons

The on-call slots can be inconvenient with an already busy schedule and sometimes the constant go go without a minute to rest can be wearing.

Advice to Management

As far as leadership goes I think for the most part, every trys their best to create a sense of equality and fairness that is amicable in the workplace.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's better than most retail positions

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at J. Crew

Pros

Flexible hours, higher starting pay than most retail positions, discount is great, very easy job

Cons

very little opportunity to move up within the company, no commission on regular sales, corporate took away commission on new credit card applications

2. A fun workplace because I love the brand.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

I like the work environment and the other associates and sales support as well as management are all quality people. The quality of the clothing is excellent and I love that the main focus is creating an experience for our customers that reflects J. Crew as a company.

Cons

Sometimes the on call system is a little frustrating when trying to plan or schedule things. There are also times when business is pretty slow, but that's common in retail.

Advice to Management

Just keep sales associates and sales support up to date with expectations and also with things that corporate wants to emphasize. Encouragement is also a plus!