There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

A fun workplace because I love the brand.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

I like the work environment and the other associates and sales support as well as management are all quality people. The quality of the clothing is excellent and I love that the main focus is creating an experience for our customers that reflects J. Crew as a company.

Cons

Sometimes the on call system is a little frustrating when trying to plan or schedule things. There are also times when business is pretty slow, but that's common in retail.

Just keep sales associates and sales support up to date with expectations and also with things that corporate wants to emphasize. Encouragement is also a plus!

reviews filtered by
  1. Great work culture and excellent team work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at J. Crew

Pros

Employee Benefits package is great.
    Compensation
    associate discounts are awesome
    casual work culture allows associates to work in a relaxed but highly motivated environment.
    Team support
    Time-off

Cons

A few technologies in place for technology job roles are outdated.
    Technology department should look for upgrading the existing ones and deploying latest technologies.
    Need to be process oriented.

IT department should have an aggressive approach to adapt to new technologies.
    Over all it is a great opportunity to work for J.Crew.

Satisfied as a temporary position.

Current Employee - Assistant Planner- Freelancer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Planner- Freelancer in New York, NY

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

J. Crew is a great company with hard working employees that pull out results and drives you to work at your best.

Cons

There isn't much positive reinforcement or training given by the department which can be difficult for new hires and constant contractors who come in & out.

It would be a good idea to provide a more structured training program for new hires and contracts. In addition, there should be some positive reinforcement to encourage and provide validation to the employees so they know they are doing a good job.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew