There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Woodburn, OR
Current Employee - Associate Manager in Woodburn, OR

I have been working at J. Crew full-time (More than a year)

Pros

20 days pto given every year plus 6 holidays and great benefits Easy going company that promotes internal growth Support by corporate, always getting thank yous and chocolate baskets which was a nice surprise.

Cons

Not much. New product collections once a month means one overnight a month. Visuals are constantly changing which makes for a large workload.

Advice to Management

The managers are what can make or break a team so make sure you get along with them

Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew

1. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Sales Support in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Washington, DC

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The comany itself is a very good place to work for, and the discount is great. I like that for a retail job they work with you pretty well when you need time off or a schedule change. Everyone is very nice I like all of my co-workers.

Cons

It all depends on who your managers are whether you'll enjoy it or not. I think it's pretty easy to advance to different positions but at some places it depends on who you are not necessarily what you can do or have done.

Advice to Management

None

2. J. Crew Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment was great and the people were so friendly. I liked all of my managers and they were very good in training me. I did have retail experience already when working there though.

Cons

As a sales associate, you really don't get more than ten hours a week. The only people that get full time hours are the managers and personal shoppers. This is nice if you are working there while you are going to school, or as a second job to supplement income, but it was my job for the summer, and I was always begging people to send unwanted hours my way.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if part time workers could get more hours.