There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Great atmosphere

I worked at J. Crew part-time

Pros

Great working environment plus a really good associate discount. Not your usual retail job. The managers are pretty fair and helpful.

Cons

It can be a lot of work sometimes, especially when the store is busy. Not only do you have to attend to customers, you also have to make sure the store looks as close to perfect as it can at all times.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sales- Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at J. Crew part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, as a sales associate you get an hourly plus commission. You also get an amazing discount and when I mean amazing I mean AMAZING. You get 60% off new items, 50% off sales and somewhere below for the rest. Most employees are very friendly and the clothing is beautiful.

Cons

They are not flexible with hours. As a student it is hard to have this job if you are doing anything else. They expect you to work 30 hrs a week and rarely let me off when I requested. I once asked for a vacation 4 months in advance and I did not get all 3 days off. That's an easy request and they were not helpful. Honestly there is a rank for who gets off and who doesn't, they should hire more employees in order to avoid this issue. Its sad because I loved the brand and the people but as a part time associate the scheduling just isn't reasonable with this company.

2. Horribly rude managers but good discounts

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freeport, ME
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freeport, ME

I worked at J. Crew part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good discounts, nice coworkers. Discounts definitely best part. Also very easy job in general.

Cons

Managers were VERY rude. Caught them talking behind multiple workers backs (while they were in the building). Would never want to work under people so immature again.

Advice to Management

Professional managers are needed.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew