J. Crew

www.jcrew.com
  www.jcrew.com
There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Simply put, there is no other employer I would rather work for.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training program is very involved. Any confident person who goes through the program will be very pleased and feel very empowered. J. Crew gives the employee a lot of autonomy in regards to customer service and there is a sense that "the store is your kingdom." The management is always eager for feedback, positive or negative and very frequently acts on that feedback.
Performance based pay is also very nice.

Cons

The only negative is the strict visual requirements the stores must maintain. This removes much of the creative process from the employee and results is a workplace that tends to become "stale" from a visual standpoint.

Best advice I could offer is to expand the Blue Martini/iPad aspect of training. It has a cumbersome interface and sales opportunities are lost because some employees just do not know how to use it very well. Also, stores in high wealth markets may benefit from suiting.

669 Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew (View Most Recent)

A Good Place to Grow

Current Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (less than an year)

Pros

J. Crew is a culture and the goal is to make shopping an experience. you learn how to deal with a breadth of customers, managers and co-workers and leave with a greater respect for jobs in the service industry. Customer service is paramount!

Cons

I wanted the opportunity to climb the ladder a little faster. Be patient, if you really want it, it will come. Put in some months as an associate, wow them with your sales and hopefully move to a personal shopper or mid-level manager.

Dress the part and be willing to smile through any situation. The customer is always right!

Always fashionable and fun, treating their employees to many perks

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at J. Crew part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great perks and promotions for all employees. Once of the best that I am aware of. Very fun retail sales position. Employees armed with lots of customer service loyalties to provide to customers, giving them lots of power with their customers.

Cons

Low paying @ sales associate level.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew