J. Crew
www.jcrew.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Simply put, there is no other employer I would rather work for.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

ProsThe training program is very involved. Any confident person who goes through the program will be very pleased and feel very empowered. J. Crew gives the employee a lot of autonomy in regards to customer service and there is a sense that "the store is your kingdom." The management is always eager for feedback, positive or negative and very frequently acts on that feedback.
Performance based pay is also very nice.

ConsThe only negative is the strict visual requirements the stores must maintain. This removes much of the creative process from the employee and results is a workplace that tends to become "stale" from a visual standpoint.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest advice I could offer is to expand the Blue Martini/iPad aspect of training. It has a cumbersome interface and sales opportunities are lost because some employees just do not know how to use it very well. Also, stores in high wealth markets may benefit from suiting.

Great company with great people

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Novi, MI

I have been working at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

Pros: J Crew spends a lot of time training you on their suppliers, types of fabric, fit, etc. even if you're just seasonal.… Cons: Not a lot of hours, at least for seasonal employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Always fashionable and fun, treating their employees to many perks

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at J. Crew part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great perks and promotions for all employees. Once of the best that I am aware of. Very fun retail sales… Cons: Low paying @ sales associate level. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on J. Crew.

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. Crew reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J. Crew CEO Mickey Drexler. All reviews posted anonymously by J. Crew employees.