One of the hottest retailers to be working for at the moment

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced environment that allows you to meet and help a variety of different personalities. Management really emphasizes that we all work together as a team and communicate effectively, which makes everything run pretty smoothly, even during holiday. I was able to move from support to associate within 6 months, which was a great way to go. Knowing how the back/stock and register end works has really helped me as a seller. I have one of the greatest management teams, and they've been extremely accommodating with my college class schedule.

Cons

The holiday season can be really, really tough to get through. I worked the four days before and two days after Christmas without a break, and it was pretty brutal. And immediately after holiday, hours drop off almost completely, which I didn't mind with my homework, but it really hurt some of the other employees.

It's amazing how smooth everything has been running thus far! Keep doing what you're doing, but make sure to keep an eye on support and sellers, because they're the absolute backbone of a store. In the grand scheme of things, we're seen as slaves, but it's better than most retailers ever treat their employees

Other Reviews for J. Crew

Fun job with great training, although low pay

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

Pros

They really have implemented an amazing 'sales associate' training program. I had worked in sales before, but after 15-20 hours of paid training, you gain a deep understanding of the product you're selling, and a number of extremely transferable sales skills. The company also clearly wants frequent feedback from the employees, and the managers at the store I worked at definitely had my back. I felt valued as an employee.

Cons

Pays not great. Otherwise pretty good work environment. I only left because I was going back to school.

Great company keep doing what you do.

Great company with great people

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

Pros

J Crew spends a lot of time training you on their suppliers, types of fabric, fit, etc. even if you're just seasonal. This type of attention to every employee really characterizes the work environment in a lot of ways. Great discount. Good hourly pay.

Cons

Not a lot of hours, at least for seasonal employees.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew.

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!