There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Fun job with great training, although low pay

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

Pros

They really have implemented an amazing 'sales associate' training program. I had worked in sales before, but after 15-20 hours of paid training, you gain a deep understanding of the product you're selling, and a number of extremely transferable sales skills. The company also clearly wants frequent feedback from the employees, and the managers at the store I worked at definitely had my back. I felt valued as an employee.

Cons

Pays not great. Otherwise pretty good work environment. I only left because I was going back to school.

Great company keep doing what you do.

603 Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew (View Most Recent)

Great company with great people

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

Pros

J Crew spends a lot of time training you on their suppliers, types of fabric, fit, etc. even if you're just seasonal. This type of attention to every employee really characterizes the work environment in a lot of ways. Great discount. Good hourly pay.

Cons

Not a lot of hours, at least for seasonal employees.

Simply put, there is no other employer I would rather work for.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at J. Crew part-time for less than a year

Pros

The training program is very involved. Any confident person who goes through the program will be very pleased and feel very empowered. J. Crew gives the employee a lot of autonomy in regards to customer service and there is a sense that "the store is your kingdom." The management is always eager for feedback, positive or negative and very frequently acts on that feedback.
    Performance based pay is also very nice.

Cons

The only negative is the strict visual requirements the stores must maintain. This removes much of the creative process from the employee and results is a workplace that tends to become "stale" from a visual standpoint.

Best advice I could offer is to expand the Blue Martini/iPad aspect of training. It has a cumbersome interface and sales opportunities are lost because some employees just do not know how to use it very well. Also, stores in high wealth markets may benefit from suiting.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!