J. Crew

www.jcrew.com
  www.jcrew.com
There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Assistant Merchandiser, Freelance

I worked at J. Crew as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people here are great and there is a lot of interaction between departments. The senior executives, for the most part, interact with all levels and show their faces throughout the work week.

Cons

If you don't ask, they will not tell. As a freelancer you have to be very pushy in order to be "in the know". Often times freelancers are snubbed.

672 Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew (View Most Recent)

Good company

I have been working at J. Crew full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has great benefits, they offer health care , life insurance, car and rental insurance, and dental insurance. You can also sign up for401k after a year.

Cons

There needs to be training for there management team on how to retain good help, interpersonal skills, how to interact with employees, give recognition to employees when due. You can have better results when your management team a great attitude.

Employees should be able to rate store managers like other company's .

One of the hottest retailers to be working for at the moment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast-paced environment that allows you to meet and help a variety of different personalities. Management really emphasizes that we all work together as a team and communicate effectively, which makes everything run pretty smoothly, even during holiday. I was able to move from support to associate within 6 months, which was a great way to go. Knowing how the back/stock and register end works has really helped me as a seller. I have one of the greatest management teams, and they've been extremely accommodating with my college class schedule.

Cons

The holiday season can be really, really tough to get through. I worked the four days before and two days after Christmas without a break, and it was pretty brutal. And immediately after holiday, hours drop off almost completely, which I didn't mind with my homework, but it really hurt some of the other employees.

It's amazing how smooth everything has been running thus far! Keep doing what you're doing, but make sure to keep an eye on support and sellers, because they're the absolute backbone of a store. In the grand scheme of things, we're seen as slaves, but it's better than most retailers ever treat their employees

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew