J. Crew

www.jcrew.com

Great Employee training and care

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Lots of thorough training.
Friendly staff
Cost and customer dirven

Cons

Sometimes is is hard to know what absolutely needs to be done and what is more relaxed and is not dire to company success (maybe just preferences of managers)

Have more clear guidelines of what NEEDS to be done and what would be nice to get done.

Other reviews for J. Crew

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Good work environment, great employees

Cons

Retail in itself is not the best job anyways...

Great company, great people!

Former Employee - Associate Store Manager ASM  in  Foley, AL
    Former Employee - Associate Store Manager ASM in Foley, AL

Pros

Open talk policy- simple to get in touch with upper management and they always respond. In fact, they're always personable. Over time, I built many professional relationships with my regionals, vice president, district manager and co-managers within my district. I loved my district manager and regional as well as my merchant manager.

Great pay and PTO- (Paid Time Off) Full time exempt employees start with 20 days and with seniority bumps up to 25. Great benefits and discounts on awesome clothing. This is definitely a career oriented company (for most people). Flexible schedule most of the time, each store has sufficient managers so you can easily take time off, change your work schedule. You are mandated to work only 40/hours a week.

Simple policies/procedures and good corporate structure- Simple yet challenging work environment- perfect for people and self development. Anything you do know or need to know, they give you all resources to find it out. This is a strong company and many opportunities are available.

I love this company! It isn't for everyone but if you can find your place, it's a mutual love!

Cons

The company is growing and expanding so things are a little chaotic at times and the workload can be a little overwhelming. You just have to take some weeks day by day (sometimes hour by hour) and prioritize!

Turnover. Turnover. Turnover. I get it! The retail industry is changing but it's part of our job to build a rock solid team to grow the business. You are supposed to grow your team through people and self development. This is our job as business leaders! I know this isn't a career choice for very part timer but if morale is up- business is up as well! I started in a store where every manager was ten or more years senior and we made bonus almost every month, the workload diminished their quality of life and they left. This also occurred in every store within my district within two years. QUALITY OF LIFE.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew.

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!