There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

J.Crew is a fun and easy company culture to work in

I have been working at J. Crew

Pros

They provide performance metrics for you. Managers religiously check in with you and make sure you know your sales goals. They are willing to work with you to improve performance.

Cons

Some managers are starkly better than others. GMs need do a better job educating other key holders and managers on developing interpersonal skills.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. J.Crew Review

I worked at J. Crew

Pros

Great Management Program. Very structured interactive Company. Good Quality, changing merchandise.

Cons

Cons of J.Crew consist of but not limited to Retail Hours & High turn-over.

2. Great company, but each retail store varies

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at J. Crew part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has awesome HR policies in place. 1-800 number to report anything. Pay is decent. Easy to move up. No complaints from corporate level management.

Cons

Regional management was overly intimidating and practiced a "mean girls" attitude. Clothing prices are high company wide is part of the J. Crew world, in particular for my store's location the mall was not high end enough. Toward the end of my employment another store was opened up at a nearby high end mall and took away all our regular clientele. The drop in sales lowered team morale and as a result regional management started pressuring the store more and more. It felt like the nearby store was strategically opened to close our location down, like we were being set up for failure.

Advice to Management

Implement better ways to manage the regional-level management. It might have been smarter to give the current location an opportunity to re-locate instead of opening an entirely new location. Be honest and don't play games with people's livelihoods.