Sales Support

Former Employee - Sales Support in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Sales Support in San Diego, CA

I worked at J. Crew part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the interaction I got with the customers and building a bigger understanding of the clothing. I have a unique opportunity to open the J.Crew store I was employed at and it was a great experience.

Cons

It seemed that there was no room for growth in my position, which at the time, I needed more than just part-time work. Other than that, I still very much enjoyed my time at J.Crew. Great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Take employees degrees in consideration and look to promote within whether they have years of experience or not. Some candidates have better work ethics with 1-2 years experience than a candidate with 4-5 years.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. If you just need a job to make extra money this is okay, but wouldn't suggest as a main source of income.

Former Employee - Warehouse in Arden, NC
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Arden, NC

I worked at J. Crew full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself is seriously easy, so you don't have to worry about thinking to much.

Cons

It's very hot in the warehouse and the job is very monotonous. The floor is very hard and your feet hurt a lot I just didn't find it was worth the little money you get per hour.

Advice to Management

Offer more money to work here. I think it probably cost more money in man hours to increase a price $2.

2. Good company who understands work life balance and customer service

I worked at J. Crew full-time

Pros

Company has very friendly people, especially in the corporate office and they know how to treat their employees. There are great benefits and pretty good salaries for lower-skilled positions.

Cons

There is not much room for movement here and many people have been there for many years. Most upper-level management are "traded" from other retailers and putting in your time may only be worth the promotion if you don't mind not learning anything new. J.Crew is classically caught in the retail day-to-day, zero-hindsight issues of planning and reacting.

Advice to Management

Stop constantly changing direction with strategy and have good longterm plans.