There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Sales Support

Former Employee - Sales Support in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Sales Support in San Diego, CA

I worked at J. Crew part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved the interaction I got with the customers and building a bigger understanding of the clothing. I have a unique opportunity to open the J.Crew store I was employed at and it was a great experience.

Cons

It seemed that there was no room for growth in my position, which at the time, I needed more than just part-time work. Other than that, I still very much enjoyed my time at J.Crew. Great company to work for.

Take employees degrees in consideration and look to promote within whether they have years of experience or not. Some candidates have better work ethics with 1-2 years experience than a candidate with 4-5 years.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company who understands work life balance and customer service

I worked at J. Crew full-time

Pros

Company has very friendly people, especially in the corporate office and they know how to treat their employees. There are great benefits and pretty good salaries for lower-skilled positions.

Cons

There is not much room for movement here and many people have been there for many years. Most upper-level management are "traded" from other retailers and putting in your time may only be worth the promotion if you don't mind not learning anything new. J.Crew is classically caught in the retail day-to-day, zero-hindsight issues of planning and reacting.

Stop constantly changing direction with strategy and have good longterm plans.

2. The greatest summer job

Former Employee - Stock Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in New York, NY

I worked at J. Crew part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason that to work at J.Crew was the cool people you meet. It is such a good work environment that has great benefits and pay.

Cons

The overnights that stock had were pretty painful to deal with.

Upper management needs to learn to have a chill button sometimes. They can take their power over board very rarely.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew