There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

Great company to work for, but not even close to enough pay.

Current Employee - Email/Chat Specialist
Current Employee - Email/Chat Specialist

I have been working at J. Crew full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my supervisor, and they offer a lot of incentives to keep the employees from getting bored and cranky. It takes a lot to get in trouble or get fired at this company, and there's a lot of paid time off if you're full-time. Overall great environment. Your team is like family, or at least mine was.

Cons

Not even CLOSE to getting paid for the work you do. I had to leave because I loved my job but the money I made wasn't enough to get by. My job required ridiculous amounts of multitasking and perfect grammar, but the pay didn't reflect the amount of work and education that is required. I developed Carpel Tunnel Syndrome doing this job.

636 Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Support in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Support in New York, NY

I worked at J. Crew part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discount is great and great staff

Cons

working retail doesn't give you the best hours

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are so many reasons to work for this company if you are in retail or are interested in retail. First of all the clothes are awesome! I would describe the Jcrew style as preppy chic. I have spent the majority of my career in corporate america and have been really drawn to their clothes for work as well as casual wear. I decided to apply for a part-time job because I love their clothes and the associates styles and they have an awesome discount. It ranges from 30-75%!!

Cons

If you are looking to make any real money this is not the place for you because you are only going to average 1 to 2 shifts a week. Because I love their clothes so much as well as the awesome discount I usually owe them money every week. Also the only full time workers at Jcrew are management. Still even with the cons I would still recommend working there.

There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew