J.D. Power Ranks Lowest In Employee Satisfaction, At the Moment.

Current Employee - Research Specialist  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Research Specialist in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power

Pros

I greatly enjoy the people I work with. My team is great at supporting my career goals and helping me achieve a great level of production through positive feedback. I the past, the senior management was great and we had great leaders like Steve Goodall and Steve Carroll who preached the virtues of hard work, values and an open door policy to management. Some of the research done at J.D. Power is very timely and interesting and value has been identified through initiatives that have placed a value on employee's abilities to perform at a high level. At least, before the new management got here.

Cons

New management has shown a lack of appreciation for existing employees. There is little to no communication from the top down and to date, our new President as of 1/2/2009 has not addressed the company in person, only through e-mail announcements of new policies and procedures. Lack of promotions and bonuses are also contributing to the low morale and negativity throughout the company. Often times, we are lied to about HR policies as to why our performance management reviews are lower than they should be. Career development is virtually non existent for anyone not associated with a "target growth" department.

Stop ruling from your ivory tower.

Other Reviews for J.D. Power

J.D. Power: Full of unrealized potential.

Current Employee - Senior Research Manager  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power

Pros

To be affiliated with a top brand and brand promise

Cons

Management doesn't seem to know what they want. Vision is lacking. Internal suppliers have too great a voice in business decisions. there's constant in fighting.

From Jim Collins: Get the right people on the bus, get the wrong people off the bus, get the right people in the right seats, and then figure out where the bus needs to go.

More than J.D> Power Awards

Current Employee - Director  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at J.D. Power

Pros

Good people, access to senior management, interesting work that really does focus on integrity based on independent research into customers in industries around the world

Cons

Bureaucracy increasing -- as well as pressure to make unrealistic numbers in a down market. Smokestacked into to many fiefdoms. For most, few places to go outside of a narrow practice ara.

Continue focus on communication to brake down entre

There are newer employer reviews for J.D. Power.

Worked for J.D. Power? Contribute to the Community!