J.P. Morgan
3.4 of 5 3,568 reviews
www.jpmorgan.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good overall culture, stability and good benefits, but inconsistent leadership and a few pockets of malignant idiocy.

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOverall Software Development and Technology within JPMC is improving company-wide, after years of not having a firm-wide vision. It's still like living out a Dilbert cartoon, though.

If you are in a good organization, you can really make a huge difference have a lot of fun. These pockets of greatness make the company that customers like.

The facilities are great.

A huge push to raise customer satisfaction, which may fix some other issues internally.

If you truly have a good idea, there are multiple ways to get it to management and if you stick with it, they may not only hear you out, but put you in charge of implementing it.

Many great people, and often a way to get around impediments.

ConsIt's like a mine-field until you know a lot of good people. It's all-too easy to step into a fear-driven dis-functional group or organization and bad leaders take many years to get pushed out.

Transparency and honesty isn't part of the culture like it used to be.

Management principles are old-fashioned, some practices well-proven as ineffective, but still in use.

After about 10 years, negative experiences occurred more often than positive.

Inconsistent pay and culture between lines of business.

Information is hard to find, even very basic things. There are times when I found more information regarding a project I was on from the public internet than the internal network.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more prepared, know what you are doing, don't be afraid to take a healthy risk, and spend less time covering your butt and more time serving your customers. Too many managing sycophant busy-bodies that act like they are busy and confident but lack critical thinking and independent thinking.

And when you tell people the direction to go is the direction things are already heading, you can't say you have vision.

Thanks for keeping things stable, despite the issues a big company has.

Keep up the firm-wide enterprise architecture initiatives. Could have happened sooner, but better late than never.

Manage internal information better, make it searchable, accessible.

Poor management that has their favorites

Risk Analyst (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent benefits, thats about it. Cons: Management has their favorites and if your not one of them you can forget any chance at anything. Large building with over 10,000 employees and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Associate Developer in Investment Bank

Software Developer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than a year

Pros: Money is paid to you in exchange for the work you do. Highly recognizable name looks nice on your CV. Company is surprisingly functional given its size… Cons: Salaries are low and do not increase, though bonuses can be large enough to offset inflation. Performance evaluation for non-traders is based purely on whether you… Advice to Senior Management: Save the company millions by firing yourself. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on J.P. Morgan.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon. All reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees.