J.P. Morgan

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

JPMC Columbus OH Finance/Accounting

Current Employee - Vice President in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Vice President in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities for new job roles; "do the right thing" culture; respected in the industry; complex environement with many opportunities to learn

Cons

Siloed departments; difficulty receiving exposure to upper levels of management; lack of organizational focus on developing talented individuals at lower and mid-management level

Columbus is a major HUB for JPMC employees, and there are many talented lower and middle level managers who are overlooked when opportunities for advancement arise. Management should seek opportunities to focus more on the identication, development and advancement of these talented individuals.

4394 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

Get ready to be your manager's personal SLAVE

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Vacation (4 weeks) - but you generally don't get to use your time off
    -Benefits Package
    -401K

Cons

-MANAGEMENT - this is the biggest con I have. Hands down, my manager was the worst! He was known for having high analyst turnover and abusing his employees. Upper level management even thought it was funny that he was so harsh and inconsiderate. He basked in his ability to humiliate and belittle everyone around him. Most people hated him and knew he terrorized me, but did nothing. He expected me to work around the clock with disregard for my own personal life. I could barely go to the doctor or take vacation days to rest after working 70-80+ for weeks on end. The work load was intense and not reasonable. On many occasions he would yell at me and make me feel uncomfortable around my peers. There were days when I would cry myself to sleep only to wake up the next day and drag myself back into the Hell my manager created day. Talks with HR and my so called Analyst Manager about the abuse fell on deaf ears. This place was an absolute NIGHTMARE! The awful things I experienced here have left a deep scare and even deeper hatred for my manager and JPMorgan.

My advice to anyone actually considering employment here to think twice. If you value work / life balance this is not the place for your. If you value diversity, honesty, and integrity, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for management that doesn't pick it's favorites and doesn't concentrate on race, this place isn't for you.

FIRE bad managers!

Great company but awful managers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Some truly wonderful people.

Cons

Terrible management, managers running teams like their personal fiefdoms. Management doesn't care about an individual's performance or ability, they dole bonuses and promotions out as favors to their favorites. Great place to be if you have no talent but know how to brown nose. If you depend on your abilities alone, give it a miss. Pay is not great. Bonuses are a joke.

When employees are happy, your bottom line will improve. Spend a 10th of the time that you do on the bottom line thinking about employee welfare.

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan