There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Solid company with great culture

Current Employee - Vice President  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good teamwork and generally cohesive culture. Especially true for employees that have been around for 5+ years.

Cons

Very large bank. Sometimes its easy to get lost in the dizzying number of specialized groups.

3930 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

JPMorgan

Current Employee - Financial Intermediary Services  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Intermediary Services in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid Benefits, according to industry standards.
    Great work environment.
    Excellent management.

Cons

Monotonous workload, but typical for an entry level position .

Get ready to be your manager's personal SLAVE

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Vacation (4 weeks) - but you generally don't get to use your time off
    -Benefits Package
    -401K

Cons

-MANAGEMENT - this is the biggest con I have. Hands down, my manager was the worst! He was known for having high analyst turnover and abusing his employees. Upper level management even thought it was funny that he was so harsh and inconsiderate. He basked in his ability to humiliate and belittle everyone around him. Most people hated him and knew he terrorized me, but did nothing. He expected me to work around the clock with disregard for my own personal life. I could barely go to the doctor or take vacation days to rest after working 70-80+ for weeks on end. The work load was intense and not reasonable. On many occasions he would yell at me and make me feel uncomfortable around my peers. There were days when I would cry myself to sleep only to wake up the next day and drag myself back into the Hell my manager created day. Talks with HR and my so called Analyst Manager about the abuse fell on deaf ears. This place was an absolute NIGHTMARE! The awful things I experienced here have left a deep scare and even deeper hatred for my manager and JPMorgan.

My advice to anyone actually considering employment here to think twice. If you value work / life balance this is not the place for your. If you value diversity, honesty, and integrity, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for management that doesn't pick it's favorites and doesn't concentrate on race, this place isn't for you.

FIRE bad managers!

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!