There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Solid financial services Company to work for.

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of training and team building opportunities. Large organization, so you can move to other positions to expand your knowledge and growth in the company.

Cons

May be a con for some - but you have to be willing to relocate to reach the highest levels of management.

Advice to Management

Continue to change and adapt to the ever changing economic climate and the company will continue to be successful. Continue to reward loyal and effective employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If I could do it again, I wouldn't.

Former Employee - IFR Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - IFR Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent vacation policy. benefits, and pay. Great name recognition on a resume. Comfortable chairs and spacious desks.

Cons

High turnover rate for managers - it seemed like every few months, I had a new one. Dishonest leadership - a whole building essentially became temporary staff after being told we were permanent at the time of hire. Inconsistent performance management standards - you might be rated high at mid-year, and then have the exact same review for year end, and end up lower, with no explanation why. Analyst-level staff are treated poorly, which was dictated by leadership. Project ended, everyone was laid off. Talent reassignment has been a joke. Three months - no interviews. The company doesn't seem truly committed to retaining employees.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. If you hire and tell people they will be moved to a similar job at the end of the project, stay committed to that. You're dealing with people's lives here. Bring people in that actually understand how to manage a project. I understand that there are certain things that are out of the company's hands, but you can control how everything is run. This is the first place that I have worked that wasted months of time because of poor leadership.

2. A great place to work

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, and if you're a military reservist they will keep paying your full salary if you get mobilized.

Cons

A bit outdated with technology, especially for how large of a company this is.